Part time store associate. Responsibilities include weighing and packaging spices, operating the point-of-sale system, sharing culinary knowledge and ideas with customers, opening boxes and restocking, cleaning and occasional work at off-site events. Currently seeking part-time help only (5-10 hours/week), with more hours expected in the fall and winter. Ideal applicants will be available for both weekend and weekday shifts. Pay will start at $10.50/hr, with room for growth and new opportunities as the business expands.
- A keen interest in spices for culinary and/or medicinal use is strongly preferred.
- Able to learn and retain information about hundreds of delicious spices, salts, sugars and blends, as well as to use that knowledge to make creative recommendations. (All staff are encouraged to take advantage of our fabulous employee discount to help facilitate this process!)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Personable, approachable and able to provide excellent customer service.
- Professional and dependable self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Proficiency with basic math, such as making change and converting ounces to pounds.
- Scheduling flexibility, with ability to work both weekdays and weekends.
- Sense of humor is a must!
- Able to work on your feet for several hours at a time.
- Capable of lifting boxes up to 20 lbs above shoulder level.
If this describes you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief (and well-written) email telling us why you want to join the Allspicery team. We can't wait to meet you!